Gambling editors should follow the
general ODP Guidelines for describing sites . Given the nature of
its subject matter, the Gambling editors have a few supplemental site
All descriptions should be fair, unbiased, objective, and compelling
without being promotional or subjective. A description should
describe the content of a site, not promote the site's content or business.
Good descriptions of Gambling sites:
- Do not include commercial hype
- Do not express the opinion of the editor
- Do not unnecessarily overuse words in the description, or repeat
words used in the title. Similarly, keywords that are in the category
name should not be repeated in the description. Keyword stuffing or
altering descriptions to unfairly position one site over others is
considered abuse. Repeated keywording of titles and descriptions while
short changing others is grounds for removal of editing privileges.
Bad: Play Casino Games Online - Play casino games online for
free or for real money.
Good: Play Casino Games Online - Provides games to wager on such
as poker, roulette and blackjack.
[Note: The first description is merely repeating the whole title
without giving much detailed information about the site's content.]
- Do not use synonyms in that are repeating the same thing in descriptions
(example : Sportsbook offering betting online and sports wagering.)
- Do not use the subjective words in description. The description
must be objective and should not reflect an editor's opinion on the
site. (example : Provides the best online casino games and sportsbook
betting lines on the Internet.)
- Are written in a consistent fashion, so two sites offering similar
content have similar descriptions.
- Avoid describing the company only. Describe the site's content first
and you may add a second sentence to describe the company's activities
<<Previous ( Site
Listing Guidelines ) | ( Spam
and Repeated Submissions ) Next>>